Dry Stone walling in Angus
Based in Forfar in the heart of Angus, Angus Drystone is specialising in the ancient craft of dry stone walling, working throughout Angus and the surrounding areas of Aberdeenshire, Fife and Perthshire. An experienced professional member of the DSWA (Dry Stone Walling Association) and qualified instructor. Fully insured I take on all types of dry stone work and projects both large and small:
- Repair, rebuild and new build of all types of dry stone walls.
- Ornamental garden walls & features.
- Flagstone steps, firepits, seats & niches.
- Driveways & entrances.
- Curved & circular walls. Retaining walls.
- High walls, sloping walls.
- Enclosing paddocks, fields, smallholdings.
- Estate walls. Farm & field walls and dykes.
- Design & Build. Dry stone masonry.
- Insurance work.
So whether it’s an ornate garden feature wall or a rustic field wall, the emphasis is always on quality stonework and workmanship. I enjoy the flexibility of working with most types of stone, building in the local style wherever possible. Will travel anywhere for the right project.
Passionate for the art of dry stone and keeping the old skills alive.
WHY DRY STONE?
Dry stone walls and structures have been built by humans for thousands of years.
Dry stone walls are an important part of our history, heritage and landscape.
Dry stone walls will stand the test of time as they are designed to move with the land.
Dry stone walls make practical and beautiful features.
They are a haven for wildlife and provide shelter for livestock.
Environmentally friendly, I re-use and recycle existing & reclaimed stone wherever possible as well as using local quarries.